Monday, July 27, 2009

My Crafty Abode Series – Lighten up

I have always loved industrial looking home accessories.

Things most people would think are too avant garde to incorporate into a personal space…especially a bedroom.

This is a picture of one of our bedside table lamps and while our bedroom isn’t overly contemporary, I love that little edge these give to the space. It is a small way for me to incorporate that industrial feel without it being cold or hard looking.

At night, they let off a soft glow and an interesting pattern…with a little bit of sparkle. I chose to use a graphic, tube shaped bulb because you can see them through the mesh.I think having two of the same light fixtures flanking our bed gives it balance and I am happy every time I flick one on!

Don’t ever be afraid to add decorative touches or materials that make you happy...even if you think it might not be the "right" thing to do!

No comments: