Tuesday, July 28, 2009

“Chicken Puppet” Displays

When I needed displays for some of my jewelry I just couldn’t find what I wanted.

Truthfully, I didn’t even know what I wanted but I knew I didn’t like what I was seeing. I have an eclectic taste and the plastic, cookie-cutter display pieces just didn’t work with my one-of-a-kind, hand crafted jewelry.

I also had a budget and a list of other guidelines like, transport easily, store well, be flexible, be neutral, etc…

Finally, I remembered that I know how to sew. It was funny it took me so long because I actually went to school for fashion design.

These funny little pieces are what I designed. They are made out of a neutral fabric, they are sculptural and can be configured in many different combinations.

The whole thing breaks down for storage and transport and it gives my display some height.

I could see these made in different sizes, colors or shapes…it is only limited by your imagination!

No comments: