Monday, March 9, 2009

An "Edgy" Cocktail Ring

This is a personal favorite for me...

I found this ring at a resale shop and was completely draw to the sparkle...some of which gets lost in the photo.

The stones are older and have so much life when the light hits them! The marquis shape of the stones remind me of another time...like some fabulous night at a supper club.

The setting and the band looked small and a bit "dated" so when I got it home I decided to embellish it a little...

I wire wrapped the band and around the base of the focal piece.
I wanted it kind of messy and raw looking...the opposite of what the ring was originally intended to be.

I used silver plate wire and hammered it to flatten.

I think it gave the ring a little more weight and interest...so much so that I am keeping it for myself!

1 comment:

jelveh Designs said...

I think it turned out lovely...