Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Slow Down and Enjoy Your Craft

Take a deep breath, have a cup of tea, light a candle...

Often I can find myself rushing through projects with my sights set on the next thing on my list instead of being present to what is actually in my hands.

Sometimes that is ok...sometimes I need to just plow through several things sort of like cleaning out my engine or when you have to turn the can of spray paint over to clear the nozzle.

But generally I believe that it is better to be more deliberate and in tune with the present moment, especially creatively.

There are those times where I am totally aware of everything around me... the way things feel, look, smell and that's when I feel a connection between my art and my self.

This picture makes me smile whenever I see it. Our dog, Nilak, runs so fast she is like a blur. I don't want to power through my life like that. I want to experience my life.

No comments: