Sunday, February 15, 2009

Earring Week - Kick Off!

Simple earring designs to inspire you...

I had recently knocked out a huge amount of simple earrings for a store I sell to here in Rhode Island.

They weren't the type of earrings that take a lot of time or that have expensive materials.
They were simply, fun, artistic, handmade earrings at affordable prices. They filled a need my client had for a certain price point and customer.

This week I thought I would post something new and do a kind of series highlighting a few pair of earrings from this batch.

I want to show you that you don't need special materials to create special pieces. Most of the materials (or similar versions) I used for these earrings are readily available at craft stores.

Enjoy a week of earrings!

The earrings above are very simple. By paying attention to scale and repeating the square/rectangle shape there is a balance to the design. They reminded me of little perfume bottles. Metal beads like the one I used on the top are available everywhere now and the blue stone can be replace with your favorite color!

Hung from sterling silver ear wires they look custom and elegant.

No comments: