Wednesday, February 10, 2010

For the Love of Lace - Part 3 - A Cup of Tea?


My cousins came to visit the other day and as they walked in I was cooking something up on my stove.

I have blogged about finding some pretty lace for a party dress of mine...and while it was a good find...the color was a bit off.

Too white.

I had an idea but I wasn't sure it would work.

I boiled some water, tied together about 6 tea bags and and brewed some tea in a small sauce pan. Once the water turned "tea" color I dropped a piece of my cut lace in the pot. I checked it often to monitor the color change.

Voila! Champagne colored lace...no more bridal white.
I did the rest and then laid the appliques out on a sheet of paper towels to dry for a bit.

After about 45 minutes I rinsed all of the appliques in a strainer...as they all smelled like chai tea! I laid them out again and let them dry completely.

Once dry they were the most perfect warm, antique color...yea!

so NOW...what about the sparkle?

No comments: