Friday, February 12, 2010

For the Love of Lace - More Sparkle!


I am a firm believer that you can't have enough sparkle.
So I made these sequined appliques...and while they were very pretty, they looked ordinary. Like I could have purchased them at a store, not that I crafted them by hand.

Then I found it.

When I was a little girl, I had a Madame Alexander Doll...Sleeping Beauty I think...and she had what I thought was the most beautiful sparkly yellow ball gown. When I found this pale gold tulle sprinkled with tiny metallic flecks I HAD to have it! It reminded me of that special treasure.

So I basted the tulle behind each applique and cut around leaving a thin edge. I think it made the appliques more interesting and hand crafted looking. Plus the little gold flecks look positively fairy like agains the dress fabric.

Now I just need to decide how and where I want to apply them to my dress...

More to come...

1 comment:

Beedeebabee said...

How beautiful! I agree, sparkle is a very good thing, and there can never be too much!!! ;)