We had a lot of windows to cover when we moved in our house and money was going out in many directions…not a good combination.
A couple of the windows were large and I needed to be creative with how I dressed them…both financially and artistically.
I am not very traditional when it comes to home decor...above is what I made for over our slider.
Steve helped me make a simple 3 sided wood cornice box out of basic plywood and with some paint and faux, gold leaf it was transformed into a custom window treatment. It was heavy so we needed to be careful to secure it well with "L" braces.
I created the pattern as I went and didn’t really pre-plan any of it. I knew what colors I wanted and I knew I wanted something simple and graphic. Stripes seemed an easy choice.
I figured if I didn’t like it I could always paint over it or as a last resort could just cover it with fabric!
Lesson...don't be afraid to experiment!