Saturday, August 1, 2009

Creative in the Kitchen

I would not classify myself as an avid cook but over the last several years I have found a style of “un-cooking” that has fueled my fire…so to speak.

My husband and I have been exploring, learning, enjoying, savoring…raw foods and juicing.
We have even gotten out kids involved in this healthy journey.

Anyway, I had taken some pictures recently of a juicing session and thought I would share them here as I think (for me) being creative spills into every area of my life…including food.

Throughout my entire career I cannot count how many times I have had someone say to me “I am just not creative” or “I can’t even draw a straight line”…etc…

But I want to remind you that you don’t have to be a painter, artist, sculptor or designer to be considered creative. Maybe you’re a great baker or maybe you design clever games to play with your children or maybe it’s as simple as making a killer raw juice…or “greenie” as we call it.

It doesn’t really matter what it is you do as long as you allow your creative voice to be heard…the creative voice I believe is every one of us.

No comments: