Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A New Toy - The Spiralizer


Getting creative in the kitchen...

Because of food allergies and particular food choices, I sometimes feel limited in what I can eat.

Recently I found a bunch of recipes that I just HAD to try...but it meant purchasing a new kitchen tool...a spiralizer.

I know, I know, it sounds like I made up that word but it is actually a really cool piece of equipment.

It makes "pasta" shapes out of veggies like zucchini and squash (among others). It has different sized blades and is super simple to use and clean. I think it's kind of pretty too. I researched and ordered mine online - based on reviews.

I tried it and it was fabulous!

Below is the result.

I topped the raw, veggie pasta with a vegan, raw sauce with a creamy texture...

yum!


Light and refreshing...

1 comment:

PussDaddy said...

That was fascinating. I have never heard of a spiralizer. And I admit I thought this was going to be some craft gadget, lol.

Guess what? Etsy reactivated my account today. I asked them to since they now let you change your avatar while muted. (I was stuck with a Happy Mother's Day avatar and didn't like it so I closed my account). So I am back on Etsy as a buyer and am happy to be there.

PussDaddy