Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Crafty Abode - Make it Work for You


When looking for curtains for our slider in the kitchen I didn't want to be limited by the choices for the specific size I needed.

Also, being a bargain hunter, I wanted the freedom to check out discount stores too. The problem is, when you do that, you don't always have many choices on size.

What I ended up doing is finding two different thinner panels...that might be used more for decorative treatments on the sides...and sewed them together to create a fuller, custom window treatment.

I liked the natural, floral print but didn't want that for the entire span. I found a neutral panel with just an interesting texture that worked perfectly with the background of the floral. Then with just a simple straight sewing line...I had full, custom curtains.

Get creative and mix patterns. Don't be limited by the obvious.

No comments: