Sunday, January 25, 2009

Lucky Art - Milagros from the Heart

This is a little treasure that my husband and I picked up during a magical trip to Santa Fe.
Made by a local artist...it looks simple but when you really look close and see how all of the charms (Milagros) fit together...you can see the thought that went into creating it.

In Spanish, the word milagro literally means miracle or surprise and the religious folk charms are traditionally used for healing purposes.
I think that this is an example of how you can use surplus jewelry supplies for other purposes.
Maybe those extra charms or lone earring can find new life as a decorative object or home accessory. Used as a focal point or just an embellishment...beads and charms can transform ordinary objects.

1 comment:

The Beading Gem said...

Hi Pamela, I have really enjoyed following your blog so much that I have awarded you with the Lemonade Blogging award in gratitude for your truly creative posts! Check what I wrote on my blog.