Monday, January 5, 2009

Handmade Jewelry Made From Ribbon

A useless scrap of ribbon?
Maybe not…

With a few readily available jewelry findings you can make use of those small scraps of ribbon, too pretty to discard.

For these earrings I used a clamp type ribbon end (available at most large art and craft stores) to finish the raw edges of a small loop of graphic black and white ribbon. The clamp findings are available in a variety of widths and sizes to fit many types of ribbon. I add a small amount of glue to secure the ribbon and to prevent fraying.


Embellished with semiprecious stones, Swarovski crystals and vintage beads these interesting earrings are lightweight and very easy to wear.

These and more will be avaiable in my Etsy shop. www.creativepotential.etsy.com

1 comment:

ChezChani said...

Those are very striking. I've used those ribbon clamps in earrings too, I clamp them on a strip of Peyote stitch. I think I like the ribbons better. Food for thought...