Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Witch King

Ok, so I know I have set the bar pretty high when it comes to making Halloween costumes...it's my own fault.
They want something...I figure out how to make it happen...that's my joy.

So when Logan decided he wanted to be The Witch King from Lord of the Rings I said sure, no problem...then I saw the picture of the character!
What was I thinking?
Armor? Spikes? Metal?
Below is the picture of the actual guy...

Not something you can really fudge together...he is pretty distinct looking. (and scary)
and by the way, he has no face.
Below is what we have created so far...with an old Star Wars helmet from last Halloween, duct tape, tin foil and some paint!

Pretty cool, I think. He is happy which is the most important.

We used an old plastic sword and covered and painted it too...to make it look old and beat-up. We just kind of went for it and created as we went.
Added some wrist armor made out of paper and tinfoil covered in more duct tape...gotta love the duct tape!
Below is the old helmet we started with...and when I say "we" I mean "me".

I think I want to some kind of shoulder armor...not sure yet...
The reason I posted this here is hopefully to inspire you.
To open your mind.
With some determination and the right tools...and a picture to go from...anything can be done!
I would LOVE to see some of your Halloween creations...not sure if it's possible to imbed a photo in a post comment but if it is...comment away!

1 comment:

PussDaddy said...

Wow, you did a really, really good job on that.

PussDaddy