Thursday, October 22, 2009

More is not Always Better

I have always been a hoarder of sorts...


Especially when it came to creative supplies!

My art exploration has always been eclectic so I never wanted to get rid of anything because "you never know when you're going to need it".

It doesn't help that more than a few times I have tried to reform myself by bulldozing my collection only to find myself in desperate need of some item I discarded or gave away just days before.

The problem is, that no matter how organized I make everything (which is a problem in itself) it is hard to find things when you need them or keep track of what you actually have. I find that it leads to excess spending, duplicating materials and wasting time organizing and reorganizing materials.

I have recently made huge changes to my creative space and while I am a bit uneasy because it's new...I feel slightly liberated from my "stuff".

I am sure there will be pictures and more details to come...

No comments: