Monday, March 8, 2010

Quest Gate Gods


I have written before about how much I love my son's school.

He is in a Montessori program and I am thrilled and amazed everyday by the beautiful, nurturing, integrative education he is receiving.

So they have this big study of China going on and as part of the study they celebrated the Chinese New Year. This is just one of the components of that celebration. The children created Gate Gods that keep the evil spirits away.

They were group projects and several children worked on each piece of artwork.

This was one in progress that my son was part of...I just thought they were so beautiful. They were colorful, filled with rich patterns and had lots of personality.

For their celebration, they also created paper lanterns, dragons and money bags.

No comments: