Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Vintage “Must Have”

I stumbled on these beautiful, rhinestone medallions at a second hand jewelry sale last year.

They have so much sparkle and I loved the bullseye/flower shape.

They have some kind of clip on the back which I originally thought was so that they could be shoe decorations…but I tried that and the clip hurt!

I am not sure what I am going to do with them yet…the are too heavy for earrings and a pin would be obvious. Maybe a ring…don’t know…for now I just like looking at them! They make me happy.

2 comments:

Lindley said...

Pendants? Hair ornaments? They'd look fabulous as part of a fascinator too, with feathers.

Hilary Baumann said...

They were probably clip on earring originally (to wear on ears without piercings.) They can be heavier than earrings for pierced ears because you don't have to worry about them pulling through the hole in your ear.

I've got a pair pretty similar to these and I'm been thinking about turning them into broaches but I like the idea of a pendent.