Saturday, April 4, 2009

An Interesting Perspective

I’ve written before about how I can get too caught up in the details of jewelry photography and forget about the overall design of the photo.

This piece is a good example of that.

The vintage butterfly is beautiful…with lots of detail. So, naturally I wanted to make sure everyone could see all of that beautiful detail in my photographs.

While detail is important especially when it is for an online shop…sometimes the over all feel of the piece can be more compelling.

So, for this piece, I did do close up, more mechanical shots but then I took this one.I think there is something romantic about it that evokes the romance in the piece. Sort of like it is being worn by a woman sitting down…the angle looks kind of demure. I also think the use of simple props, like the flowers, highlight the femininity.

No comments: