Thursday, May 6, 2010

Y is for Yarn

















I sometimes get into a knitting frenzy.


I love specialty and exotic yarns and with their availability these days I find myself using them for lots of things other than knitting.

Just a few examples….

I use a handful of them to finish off a gift, I use single strands to tie on jewelry or attech gift tags, several braided make wonderful necklace cords for handmade pendants, a remnant can be tied to a handmade keychain for a touch of texture and color, I have hung holiday ornaments with a strand or two, etc…

Because they have so much yardage, it becomes a really economical alternative to thin ribbon. For more bang for my buck, I like to buy the variegated/multi color yarns….that way they work with many projects and color combinations.

• Tip: For more permanent projects you can add a tiny bit of “Fray Check” to the ends to prevent unraveling. You can find Fray Check at any sewing department or craft store.

2 comments:

Manon said...

I've missed so many letters while I was away. Love this key chain!!

PussDaddy said...

I too am loving your new key chains.

PussDaddy