Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My Crafty Abode - Necessity

Ok, so most of us know, when you buy a home you inherit the good and the bad.
Our good and bad is the white tile floor covering the entire upstairs.
Evidently, the sub-floor wasn't flat which causes the tiles to crack constantly.
I have replace many but they keep cracking.
Ah, the importance of a good foundation.
There was a large section that I had torn up so I decided to do something a bit more interesting than just replacing the white tiles.
I made a tile "area rug" with some decorative tiles I purchased at a national home improvement store.
I loved how it came out and they must be stronger than the white ones because they haven't cracked!
The lesson:
Sometimes something bad can actually inspire a very creative solution!

No comments: