Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Why do I Write?

Sometimes I ask myself that....


...especially when few people follow my blog and less than a handful comment on a regular basis.

The answer is simple, because I like to.

Writing makes me feel good and I don't think I realized that fully until recently. Being able to write because I want to and not because I have to just makes me feel good.

I like the discipline of it. Committing to keeping this going. And I enjoy sharing my ideas.

Self doubt does creep in and I question the strength of my voice. Like what I have to say doesn't matter. Old tapes play and my power begins to slip away. Then when I read an inspiring quote...Like the one on the home page of my website, it reminds me that everyone is important and unique.

So, most of the time, I write for me. I write because I have something to say. I write because I committed to this. I write because I have pictures I want to share. I write because...

I just write.

2 comments:

Nava Silver said...

Your blog is the only one I follow, I read it almost every day and I enjoy it tremendously.
So please - keep up the good work! :-)

Veggiemuse said...

Wow...thank you Nava.
That brightened my day.