Friday, September 25, 2009

My Crafty Abode - All Stamped Up!

I am not a big rubber stamper...

It is just a craft bug that hasn't bitten me...at least not yet.

Maybe because I can paint and draw most of the stamp images faster than I can locate, load and use the stamp. Sometimes it is all about the speed for me.

Well, anyway, for these details in our bathroom I did employ the use of stamps. I loved the deep olive green walls but wanted a metallic accent.

I loaded the stamp with a special glue used for faux gold and silver leaf. I didn't want it solid so I used a sponge to apply the "glue". Then I stamped randomly with leaf and scroll stamps. After waiting for the glue to dry and become tacky, I applied the faux gold and silver leaf.

Above is the result.

I like that the images have texture...almost as if you were to do regular stamping with embossing powder. They look like skeleton leaves and I think have a slightly organic feel which I like next to the other various metallic finishes in the bathroom.

No comments: