Tuesday, April 13, 2010

B is for Baking for our Trip





















We recently traveled to visit my parents in California. It’s a long day of flying from Rhode Island. Because of personal food choices and food allergies, there is rarely anything my son and I can eat in airports or on the plane. This trip I decided to plan ahead and do a little baking so that we would be able to have yummy treats that were safe for us to eat.

We made a vegan and wheat free carrot cake (from a mix) and some homemade vegan frosting. I cut the frosted cake into individual slices and wrapped them in plastic. We refrigerated them overnight and put them in a little soft cooler the day of the trip.

How wonderful it was…mid flight…to open and enjoy fresh, healthy, delicious food that we made.

I don’t know why I never did this before. It seems so obvious and simple. We also brought some homemade, vegan cheddar cheese spread with our favorite chips.

No comments: