Friday, November 27, 2009

My Crafty Abode - Art at the Fabric Store

Fabric is wonderful!

All kinds of fabric.

I especially like this piece of fabric.

It was from a bolt I found several years ago at the fabric store and I thought the painted design was so pretty I had to buy it. It spoke to me. I didn't know what I was going to do with it but I got it anyway.

It is sheer and the design is big so that limited a bit what I could make with it. I thought about adding it to a duvet cover but that didn't feel right.

So I decided to hang it from a decorative curtain rod like a piece of art. It is in our bedroom and I think the colorful design really stands out against our cream walls. It also looks a little like I could have painted it.

I attached a strip of black and while plaid ribbon across the top for stability and then sewed sheer red ribbon pieces, embellished with a variety of vintage buttons.

Tied to the rod it became a unique, affordable piece of art.

No comments: