I was cleaning up my studio recently and found all of these...
They were in separate places and I thought it would be interesting to show the progression together.
I wish I knew where my original sketches are...that would have been cool to see with this.
Now that I thing of it, I actually think they may be in a very early post on here.
Found it... http://creativepotentialblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/birth-of-custom-jewelry-design-giraffe.html
Anyway, this design for a client went like this....
* I did a series of quick, ink sketches inspired by my client wanting a giraffe logo.
* Then I passed my sketches on to my friend who is a designer that was going to create a website and "brand" for this client.
* She played with my sketches and sent a logo idea back to me.
* Then I created this card stock template from that design.
* I used the template to make a couple of charms in Metal Clay to show my client.
* Once it was approved, I sculpted the charm in clay to give to my pewter casting guy.
* He used my mold to create a cast and made multiple charms in lead-free pewter.
* Then I had the charms gold and silver plated.
* Once done I added the split rings and the charms were attached to either a key ring or stick pin.
* They were packaged with a custom designed display card and slipped into a protective sleeve.
So, there you have it...from start to finish!