Saturday, November 7, 2009

Change

My creative space is always in flux.

When I took this picture I had just cleaned and organized it and had incorporated my PMC (Metal Clay) tools...as you can see from the mug warmers and playing cards.

I find that every so often, I need to overhaul my surroundings. Clean, rework, edit.

My work table is actually a little different right now and moved up against a wall. A lot of the same components but more refined in how they are arranged.

Just because you have something set up a certain way now doesn't mean you have to keep it that way. Try to add new containers, trays, and even regular household items like a lazy Susan...like the one above under the round tray.

I keep a small space in a storage area to hold on to items I really find useful. That way if I decided to switch them out I can work them back in at a later date. It doesn't feel so final that way. I have a hard time getting rid of things.

(but that is a topic for a whole other blog post!)

No comments: