Saturday, February 23, 2008

A great birthday gift!












I woke up this morning and had my first ETSY sale!

yea!

I decided to go into the forums and share my good news and had an avalanche of well wishes and congratulations.

I think it can sometimes be difficult to find support as an artist...for me it has been kind of isolating in a way. I love what I do with every fiber of my being but I work in my home studio and generally by myself.

I haven't connected with the art community and I am not sure why really.

I have had a creative based business for over 20 years.
Maybe I wasn't ready to truly explore myself...or expose myself? I don't know.

I do know that this feels right for today...I feel connected to a creative spirit and to other like minded people.
I don't think there is a time schedule for finding your way and I truly believe everything happens for a reason in it's own time.

I am right where I am supposed to be...right now.

thank you ETSY and all you ETSY creators for your love and support...it is received and appreciated.

P

2 comments:

Sherrin said...

Happy Birthday and congrats on your first sale! I'm still waiting for mine... (is 3 days long enough to wait?! lol)

Your stuff is lovely. :o)
-Sherrin

Veggiemuse said...

thank you!!
Pam